A card for all your celebratory needs
The sending and receiving of Christmas cards is an age-old tradition which dates back to 1843 and sitting down on a cosy evening to write your Christmas card messages is a special part of preparing for the holiday season. But when it comes to putting pen to paper, how often do you struggle to write season’s greetings for your friends and family? Our guide on what to write on a Christmas card, will provide all the inspiration you need to help you share more joy this holiday season.
Choosing your Christmas cards
We have many choices when it comes to how we wish to stay in touch with friends and family, but there is no better way to send holiday wishes than with a Christmas card.
Before you start writing your Christmas greetings, you need to select your chosen style of Christmas card. You could get crafty and create homemade Christmas cards, choose to make it extra meaningful and turn a photo into a Christmas card, or simply opt for a traditional shop bought Christmas card.
Ideas for what to write in a Christmas card
We’ve made composing a thoughtful message for your holiday card simple. We’ve categorised our ideas to ensure you have the right seasons greetings for each person on your list.
Simple Christmas card greetings
- Merry Christmas. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright!
- Merry Christmas with lots of love.
- I hope your Christmas is filled with joy and laughter.
- Happy Holidays! I hope all of your Christmas wishes come true.
- Best wishes for Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.
- Wishing you a magical and blissful holiday.
- Peace, joy, and love to you and your family
Christmas card messages for your partner
- The only thing I love more than Christmas is you.
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters most, it’s who’s around it. Every year I’m so grateful to have you there.
- All I want for Christmas is you.
- I’m so lucky to be spending another Christmas with you!
- Merry Christmas! You’re the best gift I could ask for.
- Christmas is magical because we’re together.
- The best gift of all is the gift of loving you. Merry Christmas.
- Being with you has given me something to celebrate every day. Here’s to another Christmas with you.
Christmas card sayings for your family
- So glad we’re family…and so grateful for all the great Christmas memories we share.
- For me, the holidays start when we get together.
- There is no greater gift this festive season than spending time with family.
- You’re all so important to us. Stay safe and stay happy this holiday season!
- Having family like you is the best Christmas gift there ever could be.
- Grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful family. Merry Christmas!
- You can’t choose your family, but even if you could, I’d still choose you. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to spending some time with you.
- I’m so thankful to have been blessed with such a wonderful family with which to celebrate this meaningful time of year.
- It makes me so happy to remember all of our special memories from the past years.
What to write in a Christmas card to friends?
- So grateful to have a friend like you at Christmas and all year long.
- The warmest Christmas wishes from our home to yours.
- This year I have been so grateful for your friendship—thank you for being such a wonderful part of my life.
- Christmas is a good excuse to send cards to all my favourite people.
- It’s friends like you that make this season so special and magical.
- Holidays are so much more special when they are celebrated with important friends like you.
- Wishing one of my most dearest and special friends a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
- I hope your holiday season is as awesome as you are.
Christmas card messages for those who are far away
- Missing you even more at this joyful time of year.
- We may not be together in person this Christmas, but you’ll be in my thoughts and my heart.
- Christmas won’t feel the same without you here. We wish you a wonderful holiday time.
- Wish we could be together this holiday season, but since we can’t, I’m sending the warmest wishes your way.
- Thinking of you with lots of love at Christmas.
- We are not celebrating together this year, but my love and wishes will be with you always. Merry Christmas.
- As we celebrate this Christmas in different places, we wish for good health and well-being for all of you. A very Merry Christmas to all of you.
Words to sign off your Christmas cards
- With love,
- Love always,
- Much love to you,
- Best wishes
- Warmest wishes at Christmas and always,
- Warmest wishes,
- Christmas blessings,
- Best wishes
- All my love,
- With all our love
- Happy Holidays
- Merry Christmas
- Much Love
- Hugs and kisses
- All the best
- Take care
- Yours truly
- Lots of love
- Your friend
One-of-a-kind words for one-of-a-kind photo Christmas cards
Meaningful Christmas greetings are even more meaningful when sent in personalised photo Christmas cards. If you want to send a card you can’t find in store, why not try an online greetings card maker. PostSnap’s greeting cards apps and online greetings card marker turn a photo into a Christmas card. Easy to use and available on Android and iOS. PostSnap photo Christmas cards are available as singles as well as in packs of 5 or 10.